1. W is for Wind and Waves
Yesterday I was in Victoria, and the wind was a-blowing, stirring up the waves.
2. 5 p.m.
I checked through my photos, and here is a photo taken on a trip home around 5 p.m., ~ Mountains looming out of the forest.
3. Everyday ~ one must be on the alert for deer on the roads. Here's one little high stepping bambi following his family right in front of my car. On go my flashing lights, as I slow to a stop in hopes that other vehicles stop, too!
4. Centered ~ a couple of centered selections here...one a church bell,
5. Peace - symbolized by a white dove ~
and do you see one in the cloud? Spread PEACE, little dove!
6. Ball ~ I spotted many during the month ~ beach balls, colourful gazing balls in gardens, but chose this one with the couple and dog paddling towards sunset ~
7. Luggage ~ Oh yes, loads of luggage being carted here and there during this holiday season!
8. Under ~ These apple tree branches were bent over, under the heavy weight ~ noticed many deer-nibbles on the twigs. Wonder if any other animals will wander by before the crop is picked... bears? raccoons? They are easy picking!
9. On your shelf ~ for the third time, my orchid is in bloom. I received this orchid as a birthday gift a few years ago, and each time it finishes blooming, I put it on a shelf in a north facing window. Lo and behold, it starts a new branch and more flowers, so off the shelf it comes, and onto a pedestal!
10. Something you do everyday ~ most of those things, would be pretty routine and not too interesting to others, I'm sure. However, I do enjoy looking up at the sky each day when I'm sitting on the deck, watching the beautiful blue sky and smatterings of clouds drift by. Recently I spotted a heart-shaped cloud :)
11. Glitter ~ My farmer friend loves chickens, so for her birthday I made her a card, using a honeycomb embosser, and honeycomb die cut. I attempted to transform the honeycomb design to chicken wire by adding silver glitter embossing powder around the edges of the honeycomb. I printed and cut out a chicken, stuck on some white feathers, and adding a message inside ~ "Time to fly the coop, and celebrate your birthday!" So she did ~ she flew the coop, and I took her out for dinner :)
12. Sunglasses ~ Visiting a rocky little beach for a picnic, I sat on a log and took a photo through an old pair of sunglasses I found in my car.
There you have it ~ August 2014...Many other photos in the wings, that will hopefully land on my blog!