Friday, August 15, 2014

Refreshing Rain

After weeks of summery weather, we are experiencing some welcome rain.  To brighten things up, I have picked a few roses and other flowers from my garden to share ~


Other than that, I have uploaded a youtube video showing a day of sand art...


As everyone is well aware, August is rolling on by and the nights are growing longer.  Last night I glimpsed a brilliant rosy sunset through the trees, but unfortunately missed seeing it at the beach, which must have been absolutely glorious.  The sunshine and warmer weather will return before too many more days pass, and hopefully I'll get out and about to capture some August Scavenger Hunt Photos!

16 comments:

  1. the video is different but most enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrian ~ taking photos while looking down is different, all right, but it's amazing no matter where you look, there seems to be something interesting to photograph. Glad you enjoyed the video.

      Delete
  2. You have lots of lovely colour in your garden - you should share pictures of it more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine ~ yes, lots of colourful flowers over the summer ~ glad you enjoyed the photos.

      Delete
  3. Interesting video, and I agree with Elaine. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Flighty ~ I have more flower photos, so hopefully will upload more.

      Delete
  4. Oh, your roses are heavenly! I agree with Elaine, you should show us more. Loved the sand art, especially the crabs.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Snowbird ~ Glad you enjoyed the flowers ~ roses were thanks to Nikki, who inspired me to grow some :)

      Delete
  5. Ooooh, I like the bouquets very well. Roses love your summer! And the sand art is worthy of gallery settings :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nikki ~ Nothing like your bouquets, that's for sure! But I did my best with what I had ;) Glad you enjoyed the sand art too.

      Delete
  6. So many pretty flowers, must be a nice place to spend time in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Greenthumb ~ really enjoyed the flowers this summer ...not much rain, so they really had to be watered often!

      Delete
  7. I am busy in the garden as we speak! Phew! A good hot bath will help the aches I think! (Hope!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs. Nesbitt ~ yes gardening takes lots of time and energy...and a good hot soak at the end of it, sounds great!

      Delete